Chronologically, I’m older than I am in my mind’s eye. I firmly believe everyone has four ages;
chronological: yes, our actual age much as we’d like to deny it
physical: the age our body says we are…could be more…could be less than the above
emotional: for better or worse, the age we act when drama hits our life
and psychological: the age we’d like to remain
Therefore, on any given day, I’m somewhere between 28 and 88 years old. In reality, I consider myself “seasoned,” and wandered into the blogosphere as an alternative to traditional forms of journaling. I’m a “creative” by nature, designer by training, wife/mom/grandmom by choice and teacher in every opportunity I can find.
Peripheral Perceptions records the observations of my life in middle Missouri from my various personalities. In these mind wandering, I write about kids, grandkids, dogs, cats, work, passions, friendships and relationships of all kinds. Mainly, it’s a trip through my inner thought processes. Sometimes a very dark place, other times full of rainbows and butterflies.
Here are some of my stream-of-consciousness thoughts that never grew up into real blog posts. Short in nature, they are more fleeting thoughts than deep reflection. More will show up over time as my mind wanders in and out of rational thought.
* I think people love to watch soap operas because no one’s life could be as screwed up as those on soap operas. It makes us feel much better about our own problems.
* If God really wanted me up before 7am, he would make the sun come up at 3am.
* I don’t eat swamp food.
* Nothing is sexier than a smart woman who is comfortable in her own skin. Women who refuse to be victimized by their circumstances are beautiful.
* I love snowstorms that come in at 4am so there is NO DOUBT I’m not going to work that day. There is a direct correlation between the severity of a snowstorm and the number of home-made chocolate chip cookies consumed.
* From clothing to friends, quality over quantity always wins — but this thinking does not apply for shoes.
* Dark chocolate and red wine are two of my favorite food groups. The others include pasta, Baily’s Irish Cream, M&Ms — did I mention dark chocolate? Mashed potatoes is the best comfort food in the entire world.
* Going in church doesn’t make you a Christian any more than sitting in a garage makes you a car. (can’t take credit for this one. It was said by Billy Sunday)
* Work is what I do; it’s not who I am. I remind myself never to get the two confused.
* Blessed are the flexible for they shall never get bent out of shape.
* I would love to retire but can’t until our ship comes in. At present, our ship seems to be lost in the fog in the harbor.
* You know you text waaaay too much when you pick up the cordless house phone and dial with your thumbs.
* The best you can hope for with your kids is to equip them with strong arrow fletching feathers so when you release them from the bow, they will fly straight to their target.
Thanks for wandering in to read my mind. Please leave the door wide open on your way out.